Monday, April 28, 2008

"Beathing Teatments" Help Bryan's Cough Box

In honor of Grandma Buck, I share this short but cute Bryan story. Grandma always wanted to know when my kids said cute things. Had she been computer savvy, she'd have loved what I've shared on this blog.

Anyway...

Bryan has bronchitis--again. Our weather has been extremely dry and incredibly windy. And the 80+ degree temps during the day that give to the 40-degree temps at night aren't helping. Of course Bryan desperately needed a breathing treatment during our only power outage so far this year. Once the power came back on, though, I gave him one which immediately calmed him down and let him breathe well enough to sleep. Perhaps the Benadryl helped with that, too.

When he woke up from his nap, he said, "Beathing teatments are awesome! I feel better now. My cough box is fixed." The cough box, for those of you not familiar with anatomy from the perspective of a 3-1/2 year old, is located in your mouth. Bryan's cough box kept him up all night last night and made his tummy hurt this morning.

So for the next few days, we'll be doing the breathing treatments every 4-6 hours as needed. We have to keep that cough box fixed!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I think breathing treatments are awesome too! I hope your cough box feels better soon Bryan!

Roger Eugene and Susan said...

Amy, you're right! Your Grandma would have enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the pictures. She would've been telling all her friends about Bryan's cough box! AND she would've been praying for him too! She loved her GRANDbabies and NEVER got tired hearing about them! Mom