Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Staying Busy

We've managed to keep busy around here. Last weekend was our chapel's production of The Great Late Potentate. Sydney was in the choir, and I helped the directors with odd jobs and discipline. Apparently I'm really good at putting kids in their place. I sang with the choir on Sunday morning, but Sunday night I was able to sit in the audience and get a few pictures. I'm very proud of all the kids--they worked hard and did a great job. And Sydney, who can be very shy despite what others might believe, overcame her fear of being in front of an audience. She even smiled as she sang!

Back home, we're trying to accomplish some Christmas projects. Just little things to keep the kids entertained. Yesterday we made foam stockings. Eventually we'll do some stamp art and put together foam wreaths. We did assemble our gingerbread Christmas tree, but Brady has eaten all the decorations. I'll have to find 'before' and 'after' pictures.

Barry's doing well in Korea. His schedule's been hectic, but the guys are working half-days this week. I guess their afternoons are full of 'mandatory fun.' Really. They schedule activities the soldiers may or may not want to participate in, then make them. It's not all bad--just kind of a pain when he might have an extra hour to talk to the kids before bedtime but has to be at the bowling alley or something. I don't think he's updated his website recently, but I know he's thankful for all the goodies sent his way. His schedule's been so crazy lately that if he hadn't received snack food from all of us, he wouldn't have had anything to eat! Thanks for all your prayers and care packages!

To quote Bryan: "Mewrry Chwistmas to all, and to all 'night!"


Getting the cast of The Great Late Potentate together for a group picture was, um, challenging.


Justin (our neighbor) and Sydney sang with much gusto!



Sydney was all business during craft time--at least when the camera came out.


Bryan loved playing with the stickers--and the glitter.


Even though Bryce was feeling sick, he thought making a foam stocking was fun.


Brady liked taking the stickers on and off of his stocking.

No comments: