Monday, December 24, 2007

Sydney is (gulp) NINE!

Everyday I'm reminded that I'm getting old. By my children, usually, who point out how many years I am. But yesterday, they didn't have to say a word to make me feel ancient.

Sydney turned 9.

I could write volumes of cliche fluff about how much I love her and how the time has flown. But I won't. I'm morally opposed to cliche fluff.

Sydney is beautiful. She has a caring, outgoing, people-oriented spirit. She loves Jesus, music, horses, fashion, Hannah Montana, and High School Musical--1 and 2. Don't get me wrong--she's not perfect, but I wouldn't trade her. Despite what she sometimes thinks. :)

I think she had a nice birthday and felt special. For our family outing, we went with Jeanne to see some Christmas light displays. Syd's treat was getting to walk around the block with Jeanne by herself while I stayed in the van with the boys.

Happy birthday, Sydney! I don't mind getting older if it means watching you grow up. :)


My feeble attempt at a violet electric guitar. We took this cake to PWOC to share with the homeschool class last Wednesday.


Syd loved her new American Girl beauty products & tote bag!


For her 'real' birthday cake, Syd wanted a pink acoustic guitar. Behind the cake is the paint-by-number plaster model horse she received.


Syd carefully painted the appaloosa model.


I'm not sure the facial expression truly reveals how Syd felt about receiving these nesting dolls from the Czech.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

I guess we both spent the day feeling old! My niece turned 18 the same day - it's just not right, is it? I can't believe either one of them are that old.

For the record, I'm impressed with both cakes. I have no talent in that department, so I'm in awe. :)

Terhune Family said...

Rachel got the same set of American Girl things for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa. :) Happy belated birthday, Syd! You make me feel old, too.