Last night I told the kids that we needed to get the living room cleaned up so we could get ready for Christmas. Poor choice of words on my part, I know. But I was so frustrated with their not picking up after themselves. Well, the kids immediately picked up their toys & shoes (& socks & pants & PJs from the night before). I started the vacuum, and then noticed a strange yet common sound coming from the hall. You know, that sound of someone getting into something they're not supposed to be in. So I asked Bryce what he was doing. "Nothing, Mom."
Nothing. Right.
He and Bryan had retrieved the Christmas tree from the garage and carried, not dragged, it to the living room.
"We're helping, Mom. Now we can put up the Christmas tree!" Then he saved the angel from her position on top of the book shelf and insisted he place her on top of the tree.
So our Christmas tree is up. So is the angel. And since the tree's pre-lit, so are the lights.
The tree box, by the way, was converted into a 4-man bobsled. I wish the camera had been there.
For GranMary & Papa Rod:
I've neglected posting or emailing pictures of the kids enjoying their swingset (an early Christmas present). Having it has been fun for the kids--they certainly enjoy it!
Bryan's & Brady's favorite things are the swings. They're so cute! (The boys, not the swings.)
Bryan loves pushing Brady who usually has no complaints.
The tower has been a clubhouse, a tent, a rocketship, and a hot air balloon. The sand (and potting soil) bags are helping hold the set in place. Barry found driving stakes into rock a bit difficult.
For Nana & Papaw:
Yes, I remember eating oleo by the stick and being made fun of for it. However, I don't remember stealing sticks from the fridge. Maybe I did, though, since that's what Brady does. So if anyone questions whether Brady's really mine (since everyone says he looks & acts just like Barry and not a bit like me), these photos should cast aside any doubt.
Does unsalted butter taste good?
Yep. Brady's licking his lips! (Sam soon stole the butter from Brady's hand.)
2 comments:
Yeah for celebrating Christmas early! And wow does that swingset look fun!
The butter is disgusting! Salted wouldnt' be so bad...
I cannot believe that you guys had snow before us! We've only had flurries and RAIN.
Post a Comment