"Mommy, I'm going to pray. Dear God, please let it snow so we can make snow angels for You. Amen."
Ten minutes later after watching the sky, Sydney said, "Bryce, I know it's not cold enough to snow. Mommy told me so." Please note that my kids define 'cold' as 60 degrees.
"Mom, it didn't work."
"Well, Bryce, sometimes God doesn't answer our prayer right away. But He likes it when we keep talking to Him. So if you really want it to snow, keep asking Him to make it snow. Maybe it will. Probably not today, but maybe someday."
"OK. Will you pray with me?"
(I kneel down next to him, trying to hide my smile.)
"Dear God, please let it snow next week so we can make snow angels for You. Amen."
So for my boy's spiritual development, we may be making a trip to Ruidoso to make snow angels sometime this winter.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh the faith of a child!!! That'll show you, mom! :)
Post a Comment