Saturday, June 02, 2007

Miscellaneous

We've hit the high to mid-90s here. I'm quite thankful for my refrigerated air! We have to keep it at 70 to maintain comfort. The kids are enjoying their new pool, smartly situated on the front porch in the shade. A particular neighborhood cat is enjoying it, too. We caught him fleeing our porch one afternoon. Cat hair in the water proved he'd been there. Then yesterday, we saw the same cat down the street, little ears & eyes peeking out over the edge of someone else's pool. Since when do cats like water?

The only cute story I have to share involves Brady. Last night I made a late run to Wal-Mart, and Brady insisted he go with me. The city's baseball stadium is a block away from Wal-Mart. When we got out of the van, Brady, very clearly, said, "Ah! Look!" and pointed to the sky. Cohen Stadium sponsored an end-of-game fireworks show for the fans. He was fascinated by the colors and loud booms. As we walked into the store, he kept throwing himself backwards to see more fireworks. Maybe we'll attend the 4th of July show at Cohen this year--just for him.



"'Ahtch this, Mama! 'Ahtch this!"



"Ta-daaah!"



I can't take credit for this cake. I baked it, made the icing, and did the lettering. Barry did the cool part. I did find the Luke Skywalker toys, though. And thanks to Kari for the Star Wars name link; Oleba Joroc (aka Olen, my friend Rebecca's son) has a true Star Warsian cake.



This is Brady's dishwashing effort. Of course he's only interested in the icing.



Finger-lickin' good!

4 comments:

Bekah said...

Maybe that cat at your house is a long lost relative of Braeya. She loves all the water...bathtub, shower, toilet, dishwasher, pedicure tub...doesn't matter.

Cute pictures, too!

Robin said...

You know it's hot when the cats have to cool off in the pool.

We're not far behind you. It's been hovering around 90 here. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

Sounds miserable - can't blame the cat! I'd be dunking myself too! But not with a cat around (start sneezing!)....

Life is good here, except for the fiddle breaking. Working on getting that fixed but otherwise, we're all good.

Wesley said his first swear word at school on Friday. At least he used the s*** word in context. Work up with a messy set of undies. The workers said "we don't do that in our underwear - we use the potty" and my son simply says "yes, I s*** in my pants." Boy did that spark a furor. He got to go to the office - I had to sign a form saying that I knew he had said it, that he had been to the office, etc. I'm glad that they're on top of it - but WOW - hope he didn't like all the attention (even though it was negative!)....

LOL!

Laura

Terhune Family said...

It's been in the 90's here, too, but thankfully it's been cool for the past few days! I'll bet you won't see 70 until December :)