Monday, October 30, 2006

Creative Napping and Other Artistic Expressions

Red velvet cake doesn't last long in this house (not just any, but my grandma Buck's family recipe--it's the best!). Bryan and Barry are especially fond of it. Brady's curious, but since he really can't have chocolate yet, we've not let him try it. Bryan might have felt sorry enough for Brady to share his precious dessert (unlikely since like his daddy, he doesn't like to share his cake). Or Brady grew tired of looking sad & pathetic to get a bite and stole a handful from Bryan's bowl. Now we have another red velvet cake addict in the family!






We don't have a formal sandbox (the yard is almost all sand anyway), so I bought a large plastic box and filled it with oatmeal. I thought the kids could have fun digging, scooping, and pouring without finding any surprises--you know, scorpions, black widow spiders, dog do-do. Barry let the kids go crazy, burying the kitchen/dining room with oatmeal dust. (He cleaned it up--voluntarily!) The kids had fun, even if Brady begged to be let out.





When I insisted on quiet time Sunday, Bryce informed me he would make himself a new bed. Legos covered his bedroom floor, and blankets filled his Lego wagon. I didn't think much of it until I walked in to check on him. You can't tell from the angle, but I found him sleeping in his wagon.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Never a dull moment is there? I love little Brady's face pressed up against the gate while the other kids are playing in the background!