Mother's Day was fun. My friend Mary H came over with her 2 kids. Her husband's in Korea, too, so we get together a few times a week. She helped me rearrange furniture, put down new carpet (remember, our floors are school-grade tile), hang new blinds (the old ones were a mess thanks to my ADHD yellow lab), and assemble new patio furniture. In return, I made BBQ brisket. YUM! Sydney & Lauren made a spa for us and spent their day chasing the 4 boys out of the spa room. I don't have any pictures of that because it's hard to be a spa client and photographer at the same time. But it was very thoughtful and fun. And the girls had a blast using their new High School Musical nail polish and lip gloss on us.
Bryan has been especially hysterical lately. We have officially entered the I'm-almost-4-and-I-will-talk-to-you-on-your-level stage. Allow me to share some Bryanisms:
Me (to Bryan while he was acting particularly ornery): Who do you think you are?
Bryan: Spiderman.
***
Bryan walks into Mary's kitchen, hand on hip, head cocked, finger tapping lip.
Mary: What's wrong, Bryan?
Bryan (sighs, heaves shoulders, spins on heel): Nothing.
***
Bryan was trying to get my attention, and I was busy. So Mary stepped in to help.
Mary: Bryan, what do you need?
Bryan: I'm not talking to you! I'm talking to my mom!
(Yeah, that one got a tongue spanking.)
***
Bryan (immediately after waking up and walking into the kitchen): I can't take this any more! I'm going back to bed!
And he did.
***
Bryce & Bryan love the new bistro & bench. I decided on the small set because they're made of iron and don't move during 60 mph wind gusts.
Bryan & Brady love cymbals. No noses were harmed during their concert.
Sydney's on the table next to her friend Courtney. Bryan & Bryce are closer to the front. These are the pre-k to 5th graders I work with at PWOC. Bryan, although not technically old enough to be in the pre-k class, graduated early because he was bored to death with the 3 yr olds. He loves the older room and does very well. Except when he & Bryce get mad--then Michael (Mary's boy) joins in because he might as well be their brother...I'm sure you get the idea.
3 comments:
I know all about ADHD dogs and mini blinds :0 I LOVE the new bistro and bench, it looks like a great place to eat breakfast. He's just sitting there eating his breakfast in his cowboy boots.
The spa day sounds fun! Having only one son and a husband-I rarely get that kind of treat, usually it's a hot wheels car! (that Jake would love to hold on to for me ;))
Can't wait to come for a visit to have coffee on your patio and then to have a special spa treatment! There will be no need to go out and pay for entertainment either! ...You've got it all... Love to all, Mom
Post a Comment