The day after the snow was a little dramatic in our house. Bryan woke up screaming that his tummy hurt, and when I looked at this belly, I knew why. The poor boy was retracting, fighting for each breath he took. So I took the other kids to a friend's house (who doesn't hate me for calling at 6:30 a.m.) and took Bryan to the ER. The doctors ordered an IV (lots of fun), blood work, chest x-rays, steroids, and breathing treatments. So the 'gray doc-tor' was mean (the nurse who started the IV), and the 'green doc-tor' was nice (the intern who came to listen to Bryan's chest). When the intern left, Bryan yelled, "Bye, fireman doc-tor man!" That's a huge compliment from this boy! After everything was done, another nurse came in to remove the IV. Bryan screamed at her! But as soon as the IV was out, he was all smiles. "Thank you," he told her. Then he insisted he get band-aids and a purple lollipop. So ended that drama.
That night, Bryce was trying to steal some of the lollipops I'd purchased. I'd promised Bryan, but with 3 other kids, I decided a bag of candy was better. I'd hidden the lollipops in a jar on a top shelf. Bryce successfully snuck the lollipop out of the kitchen (no, I didn't know), then tripped over his feet as he made his getaway. When I got to him, his lip was bleeding and quite swollen. "I'm sorry! I'll never steal a lollipop again!" he cried over and over and over. Wow. That has to be one of the first times I've not had to 'lecture' about why something bad happened. His lip was normal by Friday, which was good since we had our Christmas pictures taken that day.
Bryan giving himself a breathing treatment at home.


Bryce smiling as best he can.
2 comments:
So what was Bryan's diagnosis? We had dinner with Robin today - they were in town for Ken's graduation - and she told me about this entry! I missed it :(
Bryan just had a nasty virus. They didn't test for anything, but I suspect it was probably RSV. He acted an awful lot like Brady did when he had it. Not as bad, of course.
Post a Comment