Friday, August 17, 2007

God's Little Smiles



I don't have any scriptures to back this up. No deep thoughts. At least nothing that's not already been said. Blooming where you're planted is so cliche. But if I must, then this is the flower I want to be. When all seems dead and bleak, these gorgeous yellow blossoms dot the sand promising hope. And rewarding all for suriving the storms.

Mexican poppies cover the landscape, climbing the mountains and blanketing the desert after the rainy season. God's little smiles.

So if I have to be a desert flower, this is what I'd like to be.

[Disclaimer: I did not take this picture. I stole it from Webshots--I googled "Mexican poppies" and this shot of the poppies on the Franklin Mountains came up. By the way, we live under the Franklins. Thanks, Mr. (or Ms.) Poppy-Photo-Taker. If I remember to take my camera to Barry's motor pool, I'll take a picture of my own to post.]

2 comments:

Terhune Family said...

You make a very nice desert flower. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to know that God is EVERYWHERE?! Mom