After a wonderful week-long fight with FedEx (which I won, thankyouverymuch), we were finally able to set up our new mattress. I love having a waveless, heated bed! The kids were just as excited as we were (OK, much more excited than we were) and insisted they help. Bryan & Bryce followed Barry around with a screwdriver, loosening everything Barry had just tightened on the base. Sydney commented on the lovely purple color of the new mattress and set herself up as team supervisor. And Brady, well, he decided he'd be a one-man filling crew. The problem now is that they all feel the bed is theirs. And why not, after they worked so hard to put it together?
The other weekend project was assembling and using Brady's new toddler bed. We had a toddler bed for Syd and hated it, so the other boys graduated from crib (or sleeping with us) to twin bed. We don't have room for another twin bed, though. Hence the need for something big yet small. Finding the matching NASCAR bedding sealed the deal. Brady's doing well sleeping in a new bed in a new room all by himself. He seems to be making the transition well--yea for me! I finally get to SLEEP more than 2 hours at a time!
I wanted to sing "He flies through the air with the greatest of ease, the daring young man on the flying trapeze." Bryan, however, thought, "I DUPERMAN!" was more appropriate. Notice the looks of awe on Barry's, Sydney's, and Bryce's faces!
The vastness of the sky is so amazing down here. We can actually see different fronts--cold, warm, low, high--moving in and doing their things miles away. The mountains make for an incredible background, too. Check out these clouds--not rain clouds--just colorful during the sunset:
And the view from the opposite direction:
** And for any of you who still care, Barry is putting the finishing touches on the boys' Jeff Gordon dresser. Hopefully I can post a pic of the final product within a week. **
7 comments:
"Duperman" is just too cute!
Amy, I love reading your blog..it's so you!! So glad you finally got your bed!! I'm anxious to hear about your first night on it....I mean....if the kids joined you or not....Cute pictures of "our kids" too!! Is Brady a carbon copy of Bryce or what!?! Watch out, Barry...you know those kids have some Shanks blood in them...your bed may be dismantled at any moment!! Lots of love, Mom Shanks
Mom Shanks finally left a comment!! She'll have to teach Mom Newell how to do that, although I'm sure Mom Newell would never ask about your first night on your new bed!!
I agree that Brady is a carbon copy of Bryce.
I'm wondering how the boys loosened the screws that Barry tightened? Makes we wonder if they're really strong, or if...
Looks like you've got some really good helpers on your hands!! :) I love reading about life in your world!!! I MISS YOU!!!!
Reading your blog makes me realize how quickly Wes is going to grow up and start loosening screws around our house. Just last night he looked at me and said, "Mommy - you doing me crazy." Guess since he can't drive, he didn't know that word! Too cute! Good luck with that sleep! Laura
OK, OK. Barry is stronger than the boys--promise! And Mom's comment about our first night on the new bed was innocent. :) Anyway, the screws kept coming loose (on their own) b/c several of them needed to be moved to new spots. When Barry moved, the screws popped up. The plywood base sits on top of x-shaped things and they all attach somehow. I don't know--don't really care, either, as long as the bed stays together while I'm on it! So the boys took the screwdriver and just helped the already loosening screws out of their holes. They had fun and really thought they were doing more than they were. To Barry's frustration, of course. :)
Your kids take such fun pictures! And that SKY! WOW! It reminds me of fall pictures in IN--kind of, but better. Hope you are well!
Post a Comment